By default, any wireless device that is set up with the correct network name can access the network of the Netgear range extender. For enhanced security, you can restrict access to your extender’s Netgear_ext so that only devices with the MAC addresses that you add to an access list can connect. If you are wondering how to set up a wireless access list, follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned in this post.
How to Set Up Wireless Access List?
- Switch on your computer.
- Open your favorite internet browser.
- In the address field of the browser, type mywifiext local.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear extender login page.
- Type the default admin username and password and click the Log In button.
Note: If you are not sure about the default username and password of your Netgear wireless range extender, it is recommended that you get in touch with our experts.
- Once logged in, navigate to the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Click the Wireless Settings menu and select the Setup Access List button.
- The Wireless Access List will come into view.
- Click the Add button.
- The screen will adjust.
- Under the Device Name field, type a name for the wireless device.
- In the MAC address field, enter the MAC address of the wireless device.
- Select the Save option.
- Hit the Turn Access Control On check box.
- Click Apply.
And you are done! With that, you will easily be able to set up Netgear extender wireless access list. In case, you are unable to execute the process, follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
Not Able to Set Up Wireless Access List?
1. Reboot Your Netgear Extender
One of the biggest reasons why you are unable to set up the wireless access list is because of technical glitches. To get rid of these glitches, you need to reboot your Netgear range extender. Here is how you can do go forward with the process:
- Power off your Netgear extender and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug your Netgear extender back into its wall socket and turn it on.
Now, try to set up Netgear extender wireless access list. Are you still not able to? Well, in that case, follow the next troubleshooting hack.
2. Check the Web Address
Chances are that the web address you might have typed is incorrect. Therefore, make sure that there are no typing errors in the web address. Also, do cross-check your entree before pressing the Enter key on your keyboard.
3. Use the Correct Admin Details
Many users commit the mistake of entering the wrong username and password while performing Netgear extender login. Check whether you are making the same mistake. If you are, then rectify it by using the correct login credentials when and where required.
4. Avoid Signal Interference
Last, but not least, make sure that neither your Netgear wireless range extender, nor your home router is placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, utensils containing water, corners, and concrete walls.
Note: Whether you have performed Netgear EX3700 setup or configured any other extender model at home, the troubleshooting hacks will remain the same for all.
With that, our guide to set up Netgear extender wireless access list has come to an end here. We hope that after walking through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post, you will easily be able to set up a wireless access list.
On the off chance, you are still facing issues while trying to execute the process, it’s high time that you get in touch with our technical experts. They don’t care at what hour of the day you contact them, they are always there to help out users like you.