Netgear EX6150 Setup | AC1200
The Netgear EX6150 AC1200 Range Extender boosts your existing network range and speed, delivering dual-band WiFi which configured with mywifiext.net setup wizard.
You can also use the extender an access point or WiFi range extender. Netgear EX6150 AC1200 will help your WiFi devices to work flawlessly in “Dead Spots” where the connection from your existing network is poor. You can complete the Netgear EX6150 setup with mywifiext.net wizard. It is a web address to get the local access of your Netgear Range Extender AC1200 EX6150 where you can make both basic and advance changes.
Netgear Extender EX6150 Setup (AC1200)
- Place the extender close to the WiFi router for the initial Netgear extender EX6150 setup.
- Plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure that your computer is not connected to a WiFi network. If the computer is already connected, you might not be able to connect to the extender.
- Connect your router to the AC1200 EX6150 extender. Go to www.mywifiext.net and enter login credentials.
- Follow on-screen instructions to setup the extender.
By following the same directions, you will be able to boost the WiFi at your home or business. Most of us using Netgear extenders face error messages saying mywifiext net not working. The first and most frustrating problem is that the web browser just keeps on spinning without opening up the page. This can be fixed by removing the cache and temporary files.
Another problem is when your login information does not work while entering the username and password which can be fixed by calling the support number and giving them your extender’s model number and serial number. If you are still having a hard time during Netgear AC1200 EX6150 Setup, you can get our experts’ advice at 1-866-504-8616 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Netgear WiFi Extender EX6150 Setup
AC1200 Setup for FastLane
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Firstly, you need to check whether your Netgear Range Extender supports FastLane Technology or not. If it supports, here’s how to perform Netgear WiFi extender EX6150 Setup for FastLane Technology:
- Connect your router to the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
Netgear EX6150 Firmware Update
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear EX6150 WiFi range extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away. Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of extender. So make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade Netgear EX6150 firmware:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect your router to the extender.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 firmware update properly.
That’s it! Your extender’s firmware has been updated. In the case of any difficulty, feel free to contact the experts at 1-866-504-8616 (24×7 Helpline).
Netgear AC1200 EX6150 Setup Issues
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear AC1200 EX6150 setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Can’t login to Netgear EX6150 AC1200 extender
- EX6150 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on EX6150
- MAC address filtering errors
- EX6150 not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear Extender not working
- Netgear AC1200 EX6150 – no internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Internet connected but not working
Netgear Model EX6150 Setup | AC1200
Using Nighthawk App
Users can also use the Netgear Nighthawk app to install their WiFi range extender and connect to the internet. This app is available for both major platforms i.e. Android and iOS. Follow these steps to perform Netgear model EX6150 Setup using the Netgear Nighthawk app:
- First of all, ensure that your router is connected to the internet.
- Note down the router’s SSID or network name and password.
- Now, turn on your Netgear extender.
- Download Nighthawk app on your Android or iOS device.
- After that, open the Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps for Netgear AC1200 EX6150 WiFi range extender setup.
Still can’t setup your Netgear WiFi extender? Don’t worry! Call our knowledgeable and skilled technicians at toll-free 1-866-504-8616 and set up your extender in the comfort of your home.
Netgear EX6150 Extender Setup | AC1200
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear EX6150 extender setup issues:
- Make sure that the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your AC1200 EX6150 extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just give us a call at 1-866-504-8616 and fix your Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender setup issues.
Netgear EX6150 Setup Using WPS
For Netgear EX6150 Setup via WPS push button:
- Power on the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on EX6150 to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- If the Netgear EX6150 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 WiFi range extender setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, give us a call at toll-free 1-866-504-8616.
- Move your extender to a new location.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network.
That’s how you can complete your Netgear EX6150 Setup using WPS button.