Netgear EX6150 Setup – AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
The Netgear Ex6150 Range Extender boosts your existing network range and speed, delivering dual-band WiFi which configured with mywifiext.net setup wizard.
You can also use the extender an access point or WiFi range extender, it will help your WiFi devices to work flawlessly in “Dead Spots” where the connection from your existing network is poor. You can complete the Netgear EX6150 extender setup with mywifiext.net wizard. It is a web address to get the local access of your Netgear Range Extender where you can make both basic and advance changes.
Setup Netgear EX6150 range extender
- Place the extender close to the Wi-Fi router for the initial setup.
- Plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure that your computer is not connected to a Wi-Fi network or Ethernet network. If the computer is already connected to a Wi-Fi network or Ethernet network, you might not be able to connect to the extender.
- Connect your computer to the extender with an Ethernet cable or WiFi and see your extender light must be in green. Go to www.mywifiext.net, and enter admin for the user name and password for the password.
- Follow on screen instructions to setup the extender.
By following the same directions you will be able to boost the WiFi at your home or business, Now lets come to the main problem which most of us using Netgear extenders face error messages saying mywifiext net not working. The first and the most frustrating problem is web browser just keeps on spinning without opening up the page. This can be fixed by removing the cache and temporary files.
The other problem is when your login information does not work while entering the username and password which can be fixed by calling the support number and giving them your model number and serial number. extenderIf you are still having a hard time setting it up you can get our expert advice or at tech who can help you to set the extender up, Dial 1-866-504-8616 or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Configure FastLane Technology on Netgear Extender
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Firstly, you need to check whether your Netgear Range Extender supports FastLane Technology or not. If it supports, here’s how to configure FastLane Technology on your Netgear Extender:
- Connect your client device to the extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 Ghz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
How to Update Firmware on Netgear Extender?
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away.Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of extender.So make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear range extender:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to the extender’s network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender firmware update properly.
That’s it! Your extender’s firmware has been updated. In the case of any difficulty, feel free to contact the experts at 1-866-504-8616 (24×7 Helpline).
Common Issues During Netgear EX6150 Setup
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear extender setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Can’t login to Netgear EX6150 extender
- EX6150 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on EX6150
- MAC address filtering errors
- EX6150 not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear Extender not working
- Nighthawk EX6150 – no internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Internet connected but not working
How to Install My Extender Using the Netgear Nighthawk App?
Users can also use the Netgear Nighthawk app to install their WiFi range extender and connect to the internet. This app is available for both major platforms i.e. Android and iOS.Follow these steps to perform Netgear EX6150 Setup using the Netgear Nighthawk app:
- First of all, ensure that your router is connected to the internet.
- Note down the router’s SSID or network name and password.
- Now, turn on your Netgear extender.
- Download Nighthawk app on your Android or iOS device.
- Connect your mobile device to the Netgear_ext network.
- After that, open the Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps to set up your Netgear WiFi range extender and connect to the internet.
Still can’t setup your Netgear WiFi extender? Don’t worry! Call our knowledgeable and skilled technicians at toll-free 1-866-504-8616 and set up your extender in the comfort of your home.
Troubleshooting Netgear EX6150 Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear EX6150 setup issues:
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just give us a call at 1-866-504-8616 and fix your extender setup issues.
Netgear EX6150 Setup Using WPS Push Button
To set up your Nighthawk WiFi Extender using WPS:
- Power on the extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on EX6150 to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear EX6150 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during extender setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, give us a call at toll-free 1-866-504-8616.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network. Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
That’s how you can complete your Netgear EX6150 Setup using WPS button.
EX6150 Extender Technical Specifications
|Wifi Tech and Range||AC1200 Dual Band Range|
|WiFi Permormance||AC1200 (300 Mbps + 900 Mbps)|
|WiFi Band||Dual Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz|