Netgear Powerline 1200 Setup
Netgear Powerline 1200 is just a plug-and-play device. Just plug it into any working electrical wall outlet. Netgear Powerline 1200 provides approx. 1200 Mbps speed and Beamforming. This device is perfect for gaming consoles, smart HDTVs, and streaming players.
So, without thinking much – straightaway opt for Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter. Just do Netgear Powerline 1200 setup and you are set to enjoy a blazing-fast internet speed, even from blind corners of your house.
Netgear Powerline 1200: Features
Before you proceed with Netgear Powerline 1200 setup, let us make you familiar with its LEDS, port, and buttons:
- Power LED
- Ethernet LED
- Pick A Plug LED
- Ethernet Port
- Factory Reset Button
- Security Button
Netgear Powerline 1200 Setup | Manually
To set up your Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter manually, follow the instructions outlined underneath:
- Right off the bat, plug in your Netgear WiFi extender. Wait for the power LED on the extender to become lit and green. Thereafter, plug in your Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter as well. Note this down – the distance between your extender and Powerline 1200 must not exceed the limit of 20 feet. To make things possible, make use of an extension cord.
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable. Connect your Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter and router with each other. Ensure that your router is powered on. Do not use a cable that has damages or cuts.
- Turn on a desktop. Do you have a laptop? Well, a laptop will also work. But, ensure to update the software on your device (desktop or laptop) prior to using it.
- Then, you have to enter mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the address bar. Do not put a search bar in use. Also, take care of typing errors.
- Press Enter to get redirected to Netgear Powerline 1200 setup page.
- If prompted, provide the extender’s default username and password and follow the given instructions.
Note: To get details about Netgear extender login credentials, refer to its manual.
Once you are done with Netgear Powerline 1200 setup process manually, enjoy the extended and uninterrupted speed of the internet from any corner of your house.
By any chance, if you get stuck at any point while performing Netgear Powerline 1200 setup process manually, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts.
Netgear Powerline 1200 Setup | Using WPS
- Be certain that your Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter and WiFi range extender are plugged closer to each other. Your extender must be powered on.
- Press the WPS button on your Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter. After a few minutes, press the WPS button on the device which you want to pair with Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter.
Netgear Powerline 1200 setup process is completed using the WPS method.
Netgear Powerline 1200 Setup | Troubleshooting Tips
Having issues while doing Netgear Powerline 1200 setup? No worries! Keep the below-mentioned tips into consideration:
- Ensure that you have selected the best and working wall socket for the Netgear Powerline 1200 device.
- A wireless connection is not recommended for connecting the devices. Doing so will prevent WiFi signal interference.
- There shouldn’t be typing errors in the Netgear extender’s default IP or web address. If you still get non-working of the extender’s default web or IP address, then wipe out the browsing history and ensure that you aren’t using a private window.
- connected to your home WiFi or not.The default extender’s username and password used by you must be correct. Refer to the extender manual for information regarding the same.
- Follow the Netgear Powerline 1200 setup instructions in the exact given order.
At any point, if you get stuck and need immediate assistance to complete Netgear Powerline 1200 setup process, then know that we have a team of the finest technicians in the world. They will surely help you complete the process in a flash
Netgear Powerline 1200 | Firmware Update
To boost the performance of your Netgear Powerline 1200 device, it is important to update its firmware.
Here’s how to update Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter’s firmware:
- Connect your Netgear Powerline 1200 and router via a wired source. Apart from this, ensure that the power LED on your devices is stable.
- Visit the official site of your device using www.mywifiext.net.
- Locate and click on Downloads.
- The extender login page displays.
- Enter the extender’s username and password.
- Select Settings > Firmware Update
- Follow the provided instructions.
The Netgear Powerline 1200 firmware update process will start on the same page. Your device will be rebooted once the process gets completed. So, please do not interrupt the firmware update process in between. It will take a longer time than usual. So, have patience! Do not turn off your extender or unplug your Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter. Avoid clicking on any link or going online.
Netgear Powerline 1200 | Firmware Update Issues
- Your Powerline device isn’t powered on. Do provide it with an uninterrupted power supply during the firmware update process.
- Do not disconnect the Powerline device from your smart device like a PC or laptop either.
- The Netgear Powerline 1200 device must be connected to your router and extender properly. Also, have a look at the Ethernet cable. It must not be damaged.
- The extender’s login details provided by you must be correct.
- The firmware update process must not be interrupted (As we have already mentioned).
If you still get Netgear Powerline 1200 firmware update issues, then please check whether the device needs an upgradeor not. Also, check the firmware version as per the availability of the model.
You are more than welcome to contact our experts. They will surely guide you on what your Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter needs.
Netgear Powerline 1200: FAQs
1. Is the manual of the Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter available in English?
Yes, of course! The Manual of the device is available in English as well.
2. My Powerline hanged after updating its firmware, why?
You must visit the device’s official site. Over there, you will get complete information.
3. Which is the Best Location for my Netgear Powerline 1200 device?
The best location for your Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter is near your WiFi range extender.
4. Is Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter good?
It is not just good, it is the best device to consider in today’s modern world of WiFi technology.
5. I forgot the extender login details. What to do?
If you have forgotten or lost the Netgear extender login details, then resetting is the only option you are left with. To reset the extender, press and hold the reset hole on your device for a couple of seconds, and release it.
6. My Powerline is giving me setup-related issues
Well, resetting is one of the finest remedies that can save you from this hassle. The powerline reset process is the same as resetting the Netgear extender. Once you are done, perform the Netgear Powerline 1200 setup process from scratch.
7. Can I Carry Netgear Powerline 1200?
Yes, you can! Just plug it into the preferred location and enjoy surfing the web. But, Netgear has not launched Powerline adapters for outdoor use yet.
Note: After resetting, we suggest you reconfigure your Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter using the WPS method.
Still have more questions in mind to ask about Netgear Powerline 1200 adapter? Without hesitation, lay them all on our technical executives.