Netgear Extender Troubleshooting
WiFi range extenders are the best way to get rid of poor internet connectivity issues. Once you setup your wireless extender, you will not only get an expanded WiFi range but also a safe and sound network connection. Generally, a WiFi extender can amplify the existing router signals. Thus, it reduces your efforts for the router setup and configuration every now and then. However, users face a lot of issues during and after installing the extender and search different ways for Netgear extender troubleshooting. If you are also experiencing any issues with your extender, you are now landed on the right website. Here, you will get A to Z guidance to diagnose and troubleshoot your extender-related issues.
WiFi Extender not Connecting to Internet
In case your WiFi extender not connecting to the internet, then either the device you use such as laptop, computer or mobile is responsible or the issue is with your extender or router. Also, a partial WiFi extender setup will show you a new extender with no internet issue. Therefore, it is recommended to diagnose each and every connected hardware first and find the exact troublemaker to fix the problem.
On the off chance that every element is fine at your end, go with the steps given below to troubleshoot WiFi extender not connecting to internet problem:
- Place your extender away from such materials or devices which create signal reflecting or interference.
- Check for any loose connections and plugins.
- Verify the status of your extender’s LED lights.
- Power-cycle your desktop, mobile, computer, tablet, router as well as an extender.
- Followed by it, log in to mywifiext.net smart wizard and check whether the extender’s firmware is up-to-date or not.
Have you tried all the aforementioned solutions but the issue didn’t resolve? In this scenario, reset the extender to the default factory settings and reconfigure it. Else, for quick resolution, connect with our experienced technicians.
Netgear Extender not Working
Is your WiFi extender not working? Well, let us clarify the reason behind this issue. Firstly, any damaged part of the extender such as ports, antennas or other internal hardware makes the device stop working. Another factor is the antennas attached to the extender. On the off chance that they are not connected properly or are loose, your extender will not display in the network list.
Further, the compatible issue between extender and router will also cause the problem. Last but not least, you would be unable to connect to the WiFi extender if you use an unauthenticated power cable during the new extender setup.
Now as you have identified the reason, so it’s time to get started with the extender troubleshooting. Here are the steps to consider:
- Ensure that the antennas and cables of your extender are perfectly connected.
- Avoid placing the extender in dead zones or corners of your home.
- Don’t place the router below the surface you selected to place your extender as the antennas broadcast weak WiFi signals.
- Placing the extender close to any water source such as fish tanks is a bad idea.
- Keep antennas in line-of-sight of one another, having no metal objects like pipes, ceiling, and reinforced concrete near it.
- Make sure that there are no thick concrete walls between the extender and wireless devices.
- Keep the radio wave transmitting devices like Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, and cordless phones at a certain distance away from the extender.
Still, bothered by WiFi extender not working problem? Worry not! Reach out to our experts.
Connected to Extender But No Internet
Most of the users come across this issue and often ask – EX3700 connected but no internet? I am connected to extender but my extender says no internet connection? What should I do? Sometimes, the issue also lies with the N300 extender where it shows as connected but users find no internet access. If it’s so then knowing the causes linked with connected to extender but no internet issue and applying the quick solutions will be the perfect thing to do.
So coming to the causes, let us make you aware of the fact that either your router or the device connected is the main reason behind this issue. Now, follow the instructions below to resolve ‘my new router says no internet’ issue:
- Power-cycle the router, modem, and connected devices to your internet.
- Analyze and update the hardware drivers of connected devices.
- Confirm if the router’s LEDs are lightening properly.
- Turn off any VPN or proxy server on your device.
- Check the ADSL cables of your modem, router, and laptop. In case they are damaged, replace them right away.
- Disable the security software on your computer, mobile, or Mac temporarily just to verify if any one of them is preventing internet access.
Netgear Extender keeps disconnecting
Experiencing an intermittent wireless connection with your range extender? This issue occurs if the extender is wrongly set up and it doesn’t have the latest firmware. It is very easy to resolve this problem. Let’s have a look at the troubleshooting steps to fix extender keeps on disconnecting problem:
- Be sure that the extender is connected to the power adapter.
- Go to the web user GUI using www.mywifiext.net web address.
- Fill the username and password into given blank fields.
- Once logged in, check if your extender is running the latest firmware version or no.
- If not, download the most recent firmware version and update your extender.
- In case the extender has already the newest firmware, click on the device update option.
- Next, reboot the extender and wait for few minutes.
- Now, try connecting your wireless devices to the extender network.
Still facing WiFi extender connectivity issues? Don’t wait to get in touch with our qualified technicians via email ( email@example.com ), or live chat. Our experts will provide you an instant yet permanent solution to the problem you are facing with your range extender so that you face no further issues with your range extender.
Unable to Detect Range Extender Network Name (SSID)
On the off chance that your wireless devices are unable to detect the range extender network name or SSID, it means the network SSID broadcast is disabled or the extender has not booted up properly. In this case, reboot the extender and reconnect it. If your wireless device is still unable to detect the range extender network name, check whether your extender is broadcasting its SSID or not.
To do so, you need to connect the extender using an Ethernet cable. After that, access the setup wizard for WiFi range extender and head over to the WiFi settings. Confirm if the ‘broadcast this network name (SSID)’ option is checked. If not, check it and hit the save button. At last, verify the SSID or network name of your range extender and ensure you are searching the correct SSID to connect.
Still facing issues with WiFi extender? Get connected with our knowledgeable experts right away. What’s more, you have the option to contact us via both chat and email at any hour of the day. We will reach out to you and provide you with step-by-step instructions to resolve all the issues in a short time span.