Netgear WN3500RP Setup – N600 WiFi Range Extender
WN3500RP N600 WiFi Range Extender not only boosts your dual-band WiFi, but also allows you to stream songs to a connected speaker using Airplay or DLNA. You can also plug your printer into the USB port and use AirPrint® to wirelessly print from your iPhone or iPad. Also, you can connect 1 wired device like Smart TVs, gaming consoles to your wireless network. Here, you will learn the Netgear WN3500RP setup steps. Read on.
WN3500RP WiFi range extender setup
- Power on your Extender and wait for the power LED status to turn green. On your wireless computer, look and connect to Netgear network.
- Open internet browser on the same computer and the browser should take you directly to the on-screen Netgear genie setup guide. You can also access through typing www.mywifiext.net in your browser URL bar.
- Select the name of your existing wireless network that you want to extend, and click Continue.
- Enter your router Key or Passphrase and click Continue.
- If your wireless network does not appear then, please check to make sure your Range Extender is within the wireless range of your main network.
- Wait 2 minutes and your computer is automatically disconnected from the Extender wireless network.
- Then connect to the extender network with your wireless computer or device.
- Once you are successfully connected your wireless computer/device to your extender network, go back to the extender genie screen and check the option My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network.
- If you see page below, your extender is now successfully installed. Click Finish to close setup page.
By following the same directions you will be able to boost the wifi at your home or business, If you are still having hard time setting it up you can get our expert advice or at tech who can help you to set the extender up, Dial 1-866-504-8616 or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Update Firmware on Netgear Extender?
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away.Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of extender.So make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade the firmware on your Netgear range extender:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to the extender’s network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear extender firmware update properly.
That’s it! Your extender’s firmware has been updated. In the case of any difficulty, feel free to contact the experts at 1-866-504-8616 (24×7 Helpline).
Common Issues During Netgear WN3500RP Setup
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear extender setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Can’t login to Netgear WN3500RP extender
- WN3500RP drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on WN3500RP
- MAC address filtering errors
- WN3500RP not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear Extender not working
- Nighthawk WN3500RP – no internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Internet connected but not working
Netgear WN3500RP Setup Using WPS Push Button
To set up your Nighthawk WiFi Extender using WPS:
- Power on the extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on WN3500RP to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear WN3500RP Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during extender setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, give us a call at toll-free 1-866-504-8616.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network. Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
That’s how you can complete your Netgear WN3500RP Setup using WPS button.
Troubleshooting Netgear WN3500RP Setup Issues
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear WN3500RP setup issues:
- Make sure that the extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just give us a call at 1-866-504-8616 and fix your extender setup issues.
How to Configure FastLane Technology on Netgear Extender
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Firstly, you need to check whether your Netgear Range Extender supports FastLane Technology or not. If it supports, here’s how to configure FastLane Technology on your Netgear Extender:
- Connect your client device to the extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 Ghz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
WN3500RP Extender Technical Specifications
|Wifi Tech and Range||N600 Dual Band Range|
|WiFi Permormance||N600 (300 Mbps + 300 Mbps)|
|WiFi Band||Dual Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz|