Netgear WN3500RP Setup | N600
How to Setup Netgear WN3500RP N600
- Power on your Netgear N600 WN3500RP Extender and wait for the power LED status to turn green.
- Open an internet browser on a computer. The browser should take you directly to the on-screen Netgear genie setup guide. You can also access it by typing www.mywifiext.net in your browser URL bar.
- Select the name of your existing wireless network that you want to extend and click Continue.
- Enter your router key or passphrase and click Continue.
- If your wireless network does not appear, then please check to make sure your extender is within the wireless range of your main network.
- Wait 2 minutes and your computer is automatically disconnected from the wireless network.
- Once you are successfully connected your wireless computer/device to your network, go back to the extender genie screen.
- If you see the ‘congrats’ page, your extender is now successfully installed. Click Finish to close the Netgear N600 WN3500RP setup page.
By following the same directions, you will be able to boost the WiFi at your home or business.
Netgear WN3500RP Firmware Update
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear WN3500RP setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away. Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of the extender. So, make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade Netgear WN3500RP firmware:
- First and foremost, turn on your Netgear N600 WN3500RP WiFi extender.
- Connect a router to the extender.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on the Check button.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on the yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear WN3500RP firmware update properly.
That’s it! Your extender’s firmware has been updated. In the case of any difficulty, feel free to contact the experts.
Netgear WiFi Extender WN3500RP Setup
Common N600 Setup Issues
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- Netgear genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear WiFi extender WN3500RP setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Can’t login to Netgear N600 WN3500RP extender
- WN3500RP drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update Netgear firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on WN3500RP N600
- MAC address filtering errors
- WN3500RP not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to the internet
- Can’t find Netgear range extender network name
- Netgear Extender not working
- Netgear WN3500RP N600 – no internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform Netgear extender reset
- Internet connected but not working
Fix all such issues within minimal time by calling the experts at toll-free .
Netgear Range Extender WN3500RP Setup | N600
Using WPS Push Button
For Netgear range extender WN3500RP setup using WPS:
- Power on your Netgear N600 WN3500RP extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on WN3500RP to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- If the Netgear WN3500RP Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during the Netgear N600 WN3500RP WiFi range extender setup.
- Move your extender to a new location.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network.
That’s how you can complete your Netgear WN3500RP Setup using the WPS button.
Netgear N600 WN3500RP Setup
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear N600 WN3500RP setup issues:
- Make sure that the Netgear N600 WN3500RP extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plugin which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your Netgear N600 WN3500RP once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of the web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest Netgear firmware version on your N600 WN3500RP extender.
- Perform Netgear WN3500RP Reset and restore its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just give us a call and fix your Netgear N600 WN3500RP extender setup issues.
Netgear WN3500RP Extender Setup | N600
Setup for FastLane
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers a high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Firstly, you need to check whether your Netgear Range Extender supports FastLane Technology or not. If it supports, here’s how to configure FastLane Technology after Netgear WN3500RP extender setup:
- Connect your router to the Netgear N600 WN3500RP extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Netgear Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
Can’t set up your Netgear N600 WN3500RP extender? Worry not! Just call our experts and make your extender up and running within minutes.