Netgear is a brand with tons of WiFi device options at your disposal. No matter whether you want to install Netgear LM1200 modem, AC1200 router, or looking to do the Netgear EX2700 setup at your home, the company has it all for you in one place. These days, Netgear LM1200 LTE Modem is catching the attraction of many eyeballs.
If you have also invested in the same device and now looking for steps to make it up and running, then you have stumbled upon the right post. Here, we will be giving you detailed instructions on how to set up Netgear LM1200 LTE modem. Let’s get started.
Steps to Install Netgear LM1200 LTE Modem
As soon as you get the box of LM1200 modem from the manufacturer, check whether you have received the following:
- Netgear LM1200 modem
- USB power adapter
- USB cable
- Ethernet cable
If everything seems ok, then proceed further and install your LM1200 LTE modem by having a nudge on the points below:
- Get access to the USB cable and connect one end of it to the port of your modem and the other end to the power adapter of the device.
- Plug in the power adapter of the Netgear LM1200 modem to a wall socket and turn on the power button.
- In a while, the Power LED on the device will light and turn solid.
- Now, connect your home router with the LM1200 with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- This will enable your router to work as the primary internet connection of your LTE modem’s network.
Next, for managing the settings of your LM1200 modem, you need to log in to your device.
Here’s How to Log in to Netgear LM1200 Modem
The minute you are done with connecting your LTE modem to the home router, get access to a computer.
- You need to launch a web browser on the same. It is suggested that you make use of only an updated web browser and one that is not comprising cache and cookies.
- Head towards the address field of the web browser and type the default IP address.
Some users are found committing the mistake of using the mywifiext.net web address instead of the default IP address for doing the Netgear LM1200 setup. If you are in the same queue, then let’s make you understand that mywifiext.net is the default web address to be used for setting up a Netgear extender. The web address will not bring you success in the process of doing Netgear LM1200 LTE modem setup and login. You will have to make use of the associated IP address for making things happen. So, bear the same in mind while logging in to the Netgear LM1200 modem.
- After filling the IP details into its respective field, hit the Enter key on your device.
- You will be taken to the Sign in option.
- Reaching here, enter the default login password and click the Sign in option.
Note: While many users find the default password easy to remember, still we suggest you make changes to it for keeping your LTE modem secure from potential threats and WiFi leeches.
The completion of this step will redirect you to the basic home screen of your modem. Here ends the process of logging in to the Netgear LM1200 LTE modem.
Next, you need to activate a custom APN profile.
- For executing the same, access the APN option under the Settings tab.
- An APN section will come into view.
- You need to enter the required information for activating the new APN profile.
- Click Save and you are good to go.
Now, you are all set to enjoy the internet on the devices connected to the network of your LM1200 LTE modem. Here’s to the hope that you can now stream videos and play online games in a lag-free manner.
Let’s Wind Up!
Although we have given step-by-step instructions on configuring a Netgear modem, in case things seem complex to you and you’re looking for personalized assistance for installing the Netgear LM1200 LTE modem, feel free to contact our technical experts for instant help. For your perusal, we’re 24×7 available.