Today, when technology is at its peak, it becomes easy for users to connect their WiFi routers and extenders to any device without any trouble. If you want to set up your WiFi range extender using a Windows 10 PC, then this guide is going to help you in a big way. Here, we are going to explain every step on how to do Netgear Genie Setup using a Windows 10 system. Let’s get started!
In this post, we are doing Netgear EX2700 setup using Windows 10, for example. However, you can use the steps for any Netgear extender model you have.
Although the process of setting up all the Netgear WiFi range extenders is the same, just in case you are finding trouble while getting success with the process, consider contacting our technical experts for quick help.
Netgear Genie Setup Using Windows 10 PC
Once you are all done with the process of unwrapping your EX2700 extender, you can start executing the steps below to do the Netgear Genie Setup.
- Connect the antennas of your EX2700 range extender to the given ports.
- Power up the device by plugging it into a wall socket.
Quick Tip: Make sure the socket you choose for your extender is providing a sufficient and fluctuation-free power supply. Also, ensure that it is near to place where your home WiFi router is already configured.
- Now, connect the EX2700 range extender to your home router with the help of an Ethernet cable. Although both the devices can also be connected wirelessly, it is recommended to establish a wired connection to avoid any connectivity issues while doing the Genie setup.
- Thereafter, turn on your Windows 10 PC and open a web browser on it.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the address/URL bar of your internet browser and press the Enter key.
- You will then be taken to the log in page of your EX2700 extender.
- Reaching here, you would be needing the default credentials of your extender.
- If you don’t know the admin details, access the manual you might have received with your EX2700 range extender.
- Check the details from the manual and fill in the username and password to the given fields.
- Once done, press the Log in button to reach the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Now, go to the Settings section of your EX2700 extender and check for the list showing the availability of all available WiFi networks.
- You need to choose the network name that matches with the name of your router’s network.
- Proceed further by entering the SSID of your device.
- Certain prompts will reveal on the screen of your Windows 10 system.
- Follow all the prompts and complete the Netgear Genie setup process.
This is how you can perform the setup of your Genie device using a Windows 10 PC.
If you don’t want any interruption within the process of completing the Genie setup, it is suggested to use a Windows 10 PC that is free of any virus infections or malicious content. Also, temporarily disable the use of firewall and ad-blocking applications on your PC while doing the Netgear Genie setup.
Here’s to hope that after following the steps given in the guide above, you will be able to complete the setup process of your Genie in a hassle-free manner. Just in case you need any assistance while executing the Netgear Genie setup process, feel free to contact our technical support experts.