Netgear AC750 EX2800 WiFi range extender boosts your current network range and coverage, delivering dual-band WiFi up to 750 Mbps. The extender has the ability to work with any standard WiFi router and is perfect for online gaming and HD video streaming. Once done with the Netgear EX2800 setup, it creates stronger WiFi access for 802.11 b/g/ac & n devices.
The extender comes with smart LED indicators helping you find the best location for your range extender. Netgear AC750 WiFi range extender (EX2800) utilizes 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi bands to set up one super high-speed connection. What’s more, this Netgear range ext provides support for FastLane technology.
This post will guide you on how to set up Netgear AC750 EX2800 WiFi range extender without any hassle. Let’s take the plunge.
Netgear EX2800 Setup | AC750
Meet Your Extender First!
Before you start with the Netgear AC750 setup process, familiarize yourself with the EX2800 extender so that you can make the most of it.
- The AC750 EX2800 extender incorporates the following LEDs:
- Power LED – Shows the Power status of your extender
- Router LED – Signifies the connectivity status of your extender with the router
- WPS LED – Tells about the WPS connection
- Device LED – Indicates the network connection between the extender and a WiFi-enabled device
The side panel of the Netgear EX2800 extender contains the following buttons:
- Power Button – Turns the extender on or off
- Reset Button – Factory resets your Netgear extender
- WPS Button – Lets the extender connect to your existing network via WPS
So, let’s get started now with the Netgear AC750 EX2800 setup process.
Get Started With Netgear AC750 EX2800 Setup
Netgear AC750 EX2800 setup can be done via two ways, namely manual method and WPS method. Let’s shed some light on both of the methods.
1. Manual Method
Follow the below-given steps to perform the Netgear AC750 EX2800 WiFi range extender setup:
- Keep your Netgear EX2800 WiFi extender and router in the same room. However, after the Netgear AC750 extender setup, you can place your extender anywhere in the home.
- Take the power adapter of your extender and inserts its one end to the extender while another to the wall plug.
- Now, grab an Ethernet cable that is in a good condition and connect it to your Netgear AC750 extender and router.
- Be sure that your home WiFi router is also powered on.
- On your computer or another WiFi-supported device, run a web browser. It is recommended to use Google Chrome for Windows OS and Safari for MAC OS X.
- As soon as a new browser window opens, enter www.mywifiext.net in the URL bar and hit the Go button.
- A login window will prompt up.
- Enter the user ID and passphrase into the prompted boxes.
- Hit Log In.
- After logging in, you will see the Netgear installation assistant.
- The installation assistant, also known as Netgear genie setup, provides you on-screen steps for Netgear EX2800 range extender setup.
- All you need to do is merely walk through the displayed setup steps.
- You are done! Thus, you can complete your Netgear AC750 setup for EX2800 extender. Now, unplug the extender and place it to a new location (neat and clean) in your house.
Note: You can also use 192.168.1.250 IP for logging into your Netgear range extender.
2. WPS Method
On the off chance if you want to use the WPS button for Netgear EX2800 extender setup, here are the required steps:
- Power on your Netgear AC750 EX2800 wireless range extender.
- Push the WPS button on it.
- Post that, push the WPS button on your router.
- Let the WPS LED on your Netgear extender turn on.
- Once you see all four green LED lights on your extender, it means that your Netgear AC750 EX2800 extender has been set up properly.
Congrats! You have completed your Netgear EX2800 setup. In the event that you are facing any issue while setting up your AC750 extender, feel free to contact our experts and make your extender up and running within minutes.