Are you tired of sitting in one room to access the internet? Do you want to roam around your house with your device without losing the internet connection? If the answer to these questions is yes, then it’s recommended that you perform Netgear EX2700 setup.
Setting up an EX2700 extender will boost the existing wireless network in each and every corner of your house. And once that happens, you wouldn’t have to worry about sitting in a particular room to access the internet.
Simply go through the different setup methods mentioned in this blog post and know how to set up a Netgear EX2700 in no time. So, without any further ado, scroll down, and continue reading.
Netgear EX2700 Setup: WPS Method
Known as the WiFi-Protected Setup, the WPS method is the most used method when it comes to setting up an extender. You should try it too.
Here are the guidelines you need to follow to order to set up Netgear EX2700 WiFi extender:
- Connect the EX2700 extender to your home router.
- You are free to use a cable to connect both your WiFi devices.
- Then, power on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Locate the WPS button on your device.
- Next, push the WPS button and wait for 60 seconds approximately.
- As soon as the LED becomes green, you’ll know that you’ve set up your device successfully.
- Now, change the location of your Netgear EX2700 extender.
- You are free to place it in any corner of your house.
So, this is how you set up a Netgear EX2700 extender by pressing the WPS button. Let’s proceed further and know how to perform Netgear EX2700 setup using the Manual Method. Keep reading.
Netgear EX2700 Setup: Manual Method
To set up your Netgear extender to connect to the existing wireless network through the Manual method, follow the below-given instructions:
- Power on the WiFi range extender and connect to Netgear_Ext.
- Open a browser of your choice on your computer.
- Type mywifiext.net or mywifiext.local if you are using an Apple or iOS device.
- Enter the default Netgear extender login username and password to proceed further.
- You can refer to the Netgear manual that came along with the EX2700 extender for the details.
- Now, follow the instructions displayed on the Netgear Genie Setup wizard.
Make sure that you follow these instructions in the same order as they are written. Only then will you be able to perform Netgear EX2700 setup properly.
In case you still get stuck at some point while setting up your extender, then walk through the troubleshooting tips mentioned below. Or even better, get in touch with us! Simply give us a call at 1-866-504-8616 and get the solutions to your setup-related problems.
Troubleshooting Netgear EX2700 Setup Issues
- Charge your Netgear extender fully before setting it up.
- Be careful while typing the default web address of your WiFi range extender.
- Keep your device at a safe distance from devices like microwaves, cordless phones, baby monitors, washing machines, and much more.
- Ensure that the web browser you’re using to log into your EX2700 extender is updated.
- The firmware of your Netgear WiFi extender should to up-to-date to its latest version.
- If none of these troubleshooting tips are helping you, then it is recommended that you restore your extender to its default mode.