Are you troubled because your Netgear extender’s network isn’t showing on the network list? If the answer to the question is yes, then know that we’re here to put an end to your misery. But before we do that, let’s first make you aware of the contributing reasons leading to the Netgear_ext not showing on the network list issue. Being familiar with the factors leading to the issue will give you the advantage of resolving it with ease.
- Weak or no internet connection
- The firmware of your device isn’t updated
- Too much distance between the router and extender
- You haven’t performed the setup process properly
Now that you’re aware of the reasons causing the Netgear_ext not showing on the network list issue, it’s time to proceed further and troubleshoot the issue.
Fixed: Netgear_Ext Not Showing on The Network List
1. Get Access to a Strong Internet Connection
The number one reason why your extender isn’t showing on the network list might be because of a weak internet connection.Now, this might be a pretty obvious reason but it’s the most common one.
In order to take care of this issue, ensure that you are connected to a blazing-fast internet connection. In case the issue still doesn’t get fixed, then it is recommended that you give your internet service provider a call.
2. Update the Firmware of the WiFi Extender
Have you ever noticed how your mobile device or computer starts buffering or acts weirdly if you forget to update it? Well, if you have, then you would have surely recognized another reason why you’re Netgear_ext isn’t showing on the network list.
But, fret not as we can help you troubleshoot this issue. All you need to do is, follow a few quick steps mentioned below and update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Switch on your computer if you haven’t yet.
- Open an internet browser of your choice.
- Go to the mywifiext.net administrative page.
- Once you successfully log into your device, go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Administration section.
- If there are any firmware updates available, click on Firmware Update.
- Choose the model number of your WiFi range extender.
- Download the file.
- Once the file gets downloaded, upload it.
Now, wait for a couple of minutes until and unless your device doesn’t get updated.
3. Maintain a Safe Distance Between the WiFi Devices
If the Netgear extender and your home router are literally stuck to each other, then it’s time that they depart. Otherwise, seeing your extender on the network list will end up remaining a dream.
No doubt the distance between the two devices should be close, but not close enough for their WiFi signals to clash. Thus, ensure that there is a safe distance between your Netgear router and extender.
4. Carefully Perform Netgear Extender Setup Process
Applied all three aforementioned tips but are somehow still stuck with the issue? Looks like the mistake of not properly setting up your device is making you pay a price. But, worry not. Just make sure that you set up your Netgear extender carefully. Also, consider the following tips in mind:
- Refer to the Netgear manual for the default extender login credentials.
- If the default web address doesn’t work, you can also make use of 192.168.1.1 to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Keep your extender away from transmitting appliances, metal objects, and mirrors.
Hopefully, these troubleshooting tips will help you in resolving the Netgear_ext not showing on the network list issue. On the off chance, if it doesn’t, then feel free to contact our highly qualified technicians at any hour of the day. Simply give a call at our toll-free number and get all your doubts cleared.