Netgear new extender setup is the best approach to improve the home network and its performance. However, the host router has enough WiFi range to cover a small home. But, it is not able to cover a larger area of the apartment. Therefore, there will be dead zones in larger homes where you won’t be able to access any internet service. A Netgear WiFi range extender can assist you in resolving this situation. You just need to perform the Netgear new extender setup. It enhances the existing home network throughout the house with the full speed internet.
If you are unaware of the procedure to perform the Netgear extender setup, then you should walk through this blog. Because here we have covered the two most useful methods that Netgear users use to configure the extender. Read on!
First, we would like to tell you about the necessities that you need during the installation so that you will get success.
Necessities for New Netgear Extender Setup
Here are the numbers of requirements that you need to get prepared just before the configuration of the extender:
- Good and fluctuation-free power supply.
- Constant and reliable internet connection.
- Best quality Ethernet cable.
- Suitable location for extender installation where dust level is low.
- A computer or laptop.
- The default web address of the extender.
- Keep the default admin details in mind.
These are the requirements that you must fulfill before the Netgear new extender setup. Now let’s move to the next section in which we cover the installation methods.
Method of Netgear New Extender Setup
For your information, mainly there are two most effective methods to do Netgear extender setup which are mentioned below:
1. Web Interface Setup (Manual Method)
2. Wireless Protected Setup (WPS Button)
Now, let’s start with the web interface method first.
Netgear New Extender Setup (Web Interface)
- First, unbox the extender carefully
- Now, look for a suitable place for extender installation.
- Plug the Netgear extender into the working wall outlet which provides a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Thereafter, press the start button until the device is booted up.
- Take a good quality and working Ethernet cable for making the connection between the extender router.
- Power up the computer or laptop whichever you have in your home.
- Launch the internet browser in the respective device.
Note: It is important for you to use the updated internet browser because outdated browser creates issues.
- Access the URL of the Netgear extender.
- Enter the default URL into the address bar of the browser. (Avoid typos)
- Press the Enter key.
- Log in to the extender by filling in the credentials into the on-screen fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Now, you will see the Basic Home Screen in which you need to perform the on-screen instruction to complete the Netgear new extender setup.
This is how you can configure your new extender through the web interface method. Now, you can access Netgear_ext to enjoy the fast blazing internet. However, look forward to learning the WPS button method.
Netgear New Extender Setup (WPS Button)
Wireless protected setup is one of the best ways to configure the Netgear extender. But, you can only use this procedure in WPS authorized model. So, before performing this process make sure your device has a WPS button.
Following are the steps of the WPS button method:
- Initially, power on your Netgear extender.
- Now, position it near the host router.
- Thereafter, look for the WPS button on the back panel of your repeater.
- Push the WPS button for some time until the light blinks.
- You need to press the same button on the host router.
- Now, you need to wait for some time until the device is configured.
- Once the extender is set up, you can plug it into a dead WiFi zone to enjoy the high-speed internet.
Therefore, in this manner, you can perform the Netgear extender setup through the WPS method.
Now, you know both the methods and steps in detail to perform the Netgear new extender setup. We hope the aforementioned steps will be helpful for you. However, in case of any issue you can read our more blogs in which we have covered the solutions to a few extender-related problems.