Whether you are setting up your Netgear extender for the first time or just want to view your current WiFi extender password, you have to access the extender’s admin console. You can use the default IP address 192.168.1.250 to reach the Netgear admin panel. But sometimes, the IP doesn’t work making trouble reaching the Netgear range extender admin page. If you are too experiencing the same trouble, this post is for you. In this troubleshooting guide, we will let you know several quick fixes to rectify the issue. Read on.
In case you are unable to access the Netgear default IP address, it may be because of:
- An issue with the hardwired connection configuration
- Using an incorrect IP address
- An IP issue on your computer
- Wrong user ID and passphrase
- An issue with the Netgear extender itself
So, these were the main causes of the issue. Let’s get to know how to get around them.
Fix: Can’t Access 192.168.1.250 Default IP Address
1. Hardware Connectivity Issue
The first thing you need to check is that your Netgear range ext is hardwired directly to the existing router.
- Verify that the network cable or Ethernet wire is securely snapped into the extender and the router.
- The cable you are using should not be faulty.
- One of the easiest and fastest ways to get rid of internet connectivity issues is to perform a reboot. Rebooting refers to unplugging the extender from the wall socket, waiting for some time, and then connecting it back to the power source.
2. Using an Incorrect IP Address
Not only is properly typing the Netgear extender IP address important but also where you type it is equally crucial. Most users type the IP address incorrectly due to which they redirect to error pop-ups saying, ‘the site can’t be reached’. Let’s help you make sure that you are not entering an incorrect IP.
For instance, the following examples are not correct and will never work:
Also, there is no hard and fast rule that you add http:// or https:// in front of the default IP address.
Type in the URL Bar Only – Not in the Search Bar
Be certain that you are typing the Netgear default IP in the search toolbar or search engine. You have to enter it in the address bar on the top side.
3. An IP Issue on Your PC
The IP address of your PC should be within the same cabinet as that of your Netgear WiFi range extender so that they can communicate with one another. Putting it simply, in case the Netgear extender’s default IP address is 192.168.1.250, that means your PC’s IP address should also be started with 192.168.1…(the last digits can be 255, 0, or 1). In the event that your computer’s IP address starts with anything else (not the same as that of your extender), the extender and your PC will not be able to communicate with each other.
Bonus Tip: If still 192.168.1.250 not working for you, try using www.mywifiext.net web address to access the Netgear admin console.
4. Wrong User ID and Passphrase
In case you have reached the Netgear login panel, ensure to enter the correct admin user ID and password to log in to your extender successfully.
5. Issue With the Extender Itself
Confirm that your Netgear extender is not damaged from anywhere. In case you are using an older extender, upgrade your WiFi network and choose one of the Netgear extenders using the latest technology.
Still unable to access the default IP address 192.168.1.250? Contact our technical experts right away.