My internet is extremely slow. My iPhone won’t connect to my Netgear extender. I can’t stream video on my HDTV. How to fix the internet connection? These are just a few drops from the common internet problems’ ocean that users are diving into regularly. Wondering why so? Well, despite the fact that your Netgear WiFi range extender is one of the most useful devices you own, it can sometimes be a bit troublesome.
Setting up a Netgear range extender and keeping it running is still more baffling and requires more tech knowledge than any regular user could expect. Cheer up! We can help.
This post will guide you on how to fix the internet connection with Netgear extender. Continue reading.
Fix the Internet Connection
Slow or No Internet Access in Certain Rooms?
The Problem: In your bedroom, the wireless connection is working fine. But when you move into another room, the signals become nonexistent or weak. How do you fix your internet connection?
Quick Fix: There are numerous things causing your extender’s WiFi signals to drop. The major culprit is interference.
- Keep your Netgear WiFi range extender away from cordless phones, microwaves, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, and other electronic devices.
- Even things you can’t even imagine such as mirrors and glass can also cause interference in the path of your Netgear extender’s wireless signals. So place your extender away from such devices as well.
- The best location for your Netgear extender is the central area of your home.
iPhone Not Connecting to Network?
The Problem: Your Netgear extender is working absolutely fine. Your PC and laptop can connect to it without any issues. But when you connect your iPhone, it doesn’t connect. What’s damn going on?
Quick Fix: In order to fix the internet connection on your phone, restart your internet connection and try again.
If you are still facing the same issue, click here to find more troubleshooting solutions.
Can’t Stream Multimedia Files from Your Laptop to HDTV?
The Problem: You have dozens of multimedia files on your laptop but unable to stream them to other devices.
Quick Fix: Here’s how to fix your internet connection so that you can stream multimedia files from your laptop to HDTV:
- Make sure that you have enabled UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) and DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) on your WiFi router.
- You can also search for QoS and WMM (Wireless Multimedia) settings. These can help you tweak your multimedia content streaming.
- As these features vary from device to device, so it is recommended you to contact our well-versed technicians at toll-free 1-866-504-8616 to fix the issue.
Netgear Extender Shuts Itself Off!
The Problem: After using a Netgear extender for a while, you notice that every now and then it shuts itself down.
Quick Fix: This issue is generally caused by overheating. Here’s how to fix this issue:
- Most of the users leave their Netgear WiFi extender running 24×7. As it ages, the extender becomes more ineffective at cooling. Check your extender to make sure that the cooling vents on the extender are not obstructed. In this case, unplug your Netgear extender for some time and then plug it back on again.
- Newer WiFi extenders have energy-efficient settings, allowing you to specify when it should shut down such as after 40 minutes of being idle. In case your extender doesn’t have this feature, the best practice is to power the extender off when it is not being used.
My Internet is So Slow!
The Problem: With the aforementioned quick tips, you have solved every connection issue. Everything is working up to the mark. But the internet is just awfully slow even after proper Netgear extender setup. How to fix the internet connection problem?
Quick Fix: Here are the troubleshooting steps to fix your internet connection issue with the Netgear extender:
- Detect what is slow in your network. Is it internally slow, transferring files from one device to another? Or is the web browsing or streaming painfully slow?
- In case the problem device is a slow notebook or laptop, consider adding a more powerful USB adapter. Or update Netgear extender firmware to the latest version.
- On the off chance if internet access is slow, make sure that you are using the high-bandwidth channel, i.e. 5 GHz.
Still unable to fix the internet connection? Worry not! Just dial our toll-free number 1-866-504-8616 and get in touch with our experts to troubleshoot the issue within minutes.