Recently a Netgear user reported an issue with Netgear EX3110 wireless range extender. As per him, he purchased the extender and it worked great until he changed his internet service provider. He can not connect to the extender’s internet Netgear_ext as the extender is not getting connected to the new router. This scenario is very common. At any point in time, you may feel the need of changing your internet service provider. But what is the possible remedy to eliminate the issue that the user in discussion is facing? Well, it is simple. The details about the same have been mentioned in the upcoming sections. Go on reading!
Failing to Connect Netgear EX3110 to New ISP: Fixed
Bear in mind that whatever solutions we are going to provide you with in this guide will work the same for any other extender model that you own. So don’t skip the read if you have any other model of the Netgear WiFi extender.
As you have changed your Internet service provider, you would have received a new router. If you are failing to use the Netgear extender’s WiFi after replacing the router, then there is something that you are missing out on. This is to connect the extender to the new router first. Just like the way you did when you purchased your extender. You connected it with your old router. Didn’t you?
Only once the devices are connected, you will be able to connect to Netgear EX3110 WiFi.
How to Connect Netgear EX3110 to New Router?
This is a 2-step process. Without performing the first step, you won’t get succeeded in the second one. Both steps are discussed below:
Step 1: Reset the Netgear EX3100 Extender
Yes! This is an essential step. Since the extender was connected to the old router, it still has the same settings saved in it. You first need to get them deleted. This can be done by restoring it to the factory settings. Here are the steps to reset your Netgear extender:
- Disconnect any cable connected to the extender first.
- Next, plug its power adapter into an active wall outlet.
- Switch it on using the power button on it.
- Wait till it boots up completely.
- Now, find a button labeled Reset on it.
- It will be inside a hole.
- Push and hold this button with the help of a paper clip or any other sharp pointed object for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the button and your extender will be reset to the default values.
It is now ready to be set up with the new router.
Step 2: Setup Netgear Extender with Router
There are three ways in which a Netgear extender can be set up with the new router. However, we are going to discuss one method here wherein you need to access the Netgear Genie login page and then complete the setup process of Netgear EX3110. The steps for the same are as follows:
- Bring the Netgear extender closer to the new router first.
- Use an Ethernet RJ 45 cable and join the LAN port of the router with the Internet port of the extender.
- Plug both the router and the extender into well working power outlets and turn them on.
- The sequence of powering them should be, the router first and then the extender.
- Now, connect a computer to the extender’s network.
- Run an internet browser.
- Visit mywifiext.net by typing it into the address field of the browser.
- Accept the terms and conditions and proceed Next.
- Follow all the setup instructions that you see on the screen.
Within no time, you will be done connecting your Netgear extender with the new router.
Wrapping Things Up
Now that you have completed the setup of your Netgear EX3110 wireless range extender with the new Internet service provider, you can easily connect your devices to its WiFi. By any chance, if you get stuck during the setup process, we suggest you power cycle the network once and then again try the setup process. You will definitely be successful this time.