Do you own a Netgear N300 WiFi range extender and trying to set up parental controls on it? This is the best decision ever a parent can take to protect his/her kids from online threats by limiting their access to unauthorized websites. But, what if parental control not working on your Netgear N300 setup. Well, no need to worry! This blog covers various troubleshooting tips to help parents fix the parental control not working issue in a snap.
What Do You Mean By Parental Control?
Before we make you know how to fix the parental control not working problem, let’s first give you a nudge on what exactly parental controls mean. Here we go.
In the age of digitization, when everything is going around phones, tablets, or laptops; parents find it challenging to protect their kids from online threats. This is where the parental controls feature comes into action. By enabling the parental controls on your WiFi, you can not only block unauthorized and suspicious content or websites but also manage what your kids can access on search engines. All in all, having the parental controls feature enabled on your WiFi, you can easily have a tab on your child’s online habits. Moving on, let’s find out the reasons why parental control not working on your Netgear N300 WiFi range extender.
Why Parental Control Not Working on Netgear Extender?
There could be various possible reasons why you are unable to set up parental controls on your Netgear N300 range extender. A few of them are as follows:
- Improper Wired Connections
- Outdated Firmware
- You are using the device in Bridge Mode
- Partial or Incomplete Extender Setup
- Parental control is not enabled
Now, as you are aware of the reasons that might cause the parental control not working issue for you, let’s take the plunge and get you acquainted with the tips to fix the problem without any hassle.
How to Fix Parental Control Not Working Issue on N300 Extender
First and foremost, try rebooting your extender by unplugging it from its wall socket and connecting again after a while. This trick works well when it comes to fixing various technical glitches. Perhaps, you also get success! If not, then try the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips.
- Check Wired Connections: Make sure all the connections between your devices are proper as well as finger-tight. If you find that the Ethernet cable used by you for establishing a connection between your router and extender is damaged, consider replacing it right away.
- Update the Firmware of Your Extender: Next trick you can implement to get the parental control not working issue fixed is to update the firmware of your extender to the latest version. However, make sure you update the firmware of your extender as per its model number.
- Disable Bridge Mode: If your WiFi device is being used in the bridge mode then also you will not be able to set up parental controls on your N300 WiFi range extender. In such a case, consider disabling the Bridge mode to get started with the process of preventing your kids’ from unauthorized access.
- Reset and Reconfigure Your N300: As stated earlier, partial or corrupted extender setup can also be the reason behind facing parental control not working issue. To cope up with the problem, all you can do is reset your extender to the default settings and configure it again. FYI, mywifiext.net is to be used if you are going to use a Windows-operated system for the extender setup process, and mywifiext local if the configuration process is to be executed using a MAC or iOS device.
Still no success? Ask yourself,
Is the Parental Control Feature Enabled on Your Extender?
Chances are you are not getting success with the process of fixing parental control not working problem because the parental controls feature has not yet been enabled by you. To confirm, simply log in to your extender, navigate to Settings, and check the ‘Parental Controls’ status. If it is not enabled, select the ‘Parental Controls’ option to let it work for you.
Nothing worked? If you are unable to control the online activity of your kids even after following all the hacks above, consider using Netgear Circle with Disney App. The application makes it easy for parents to control the online screen time of their kids as well as block access to unwanted sites. For using the app, first you need to download it on your smart device.
Need More Help?
For any more assistance, you can also reach out to our technical experts at any hour of the day. Not only they will help you fix parental control not working issue on your N300 range extender but also try taking your internet-using experience to the next level.