Get super high-speed internet connection with Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender setup. With AC dual-band WiFi, Netgear AC1200 extender provides you with fast WiFi performance delivering up to 1200Mbps speed. It is compatible with almost all standard wireless routers. The device utilizes 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands to connect with your current WiFi network and extend the signal to further distance.
This Netgear WiFi range extender creates a FastLane connection to your current router or WiFi modem. Unlike other regular WiFi extenders, this dedicated connectivity increases the existing internet speed and enhances the overall WiFi network performance.
So, now you are quite familiar with the Netgear AC1200 WiFi extender. Let’s proceed further with its setup process.
Netgear AC1200 Setup
There are two main methods to perform Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender setup: using the installation assistant and via the WPS push button. Both methods are discussed in brief below:
Netgear AC1200 Extender Setup Using Installation Assistant
Follow the instructions mentioned below to install your Netgear AC1200 wireless extender using the installation assistant:
- Firstly, place your extender in the same room as that of your existing router.
- Plug it into a power source and turn it on.
- On your PC or laptop, open the WiFi manager and connect to the extender’s network.
- Now, open a web browser of your choice.
- Head over to mywifiext.net web page.
- When prompted, fill in the username and password for login.
- In case you are getting the ‘password and username is incorrect’ error after multiple login attempts, call our expert technicians at toll-free 1-866-504-8616.
- Once done, the Netgear installation assistant will come into view.
- Walk through the on-screen steps and complete your Netgear AC1200 setup.
Now, unplug the extender and place it to a new location in the home where you want. Make sure that the extender is placed at a certain distance away from radioactive devices such as microwaves, treadmills, washing machines, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth gadgets, and refrigerators.
Reconnect all your wired and wireless devices to the newly-created extended WiFi network. In this manner, you can boost your WiFi with the Netgear extender.
Netgear AC1200 WiFi Range Extender Setup Using WPS Push Button
Found the above setup method a bit tricky for you? Worry not! We have another way for you. Use the WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) button for the Netgear AC1200 setup. Here’s how to set up Netgear AC1200 extender using WPS:
- Place your AC1200 extender to an optimal location and turn it on.
- Now, press the WPS button on it.
- You will notice that the WPS LED light starts blinking. It indicates that the extender is getting configured with the existing router.
- After some time, there will be three solid green lights on your extender. It shows that the configuration process between your extender and router has been completed.
- If you don’t see any LED light on your Netgear extender, get connected with our experts.
- On the off chance that your router provides support for the 5 GHz band, repeat the aforementioned steps once to connect the extender to 5 GHz band.
Once done, unplug the extender and place it anywhere in the home you like.
Congrats! Your Netgear AC1200 extender has been set up and installed properly. Connect all your WiFi-compatible devices to its network and enjoy uninterrupted internet connection throughout the home, even in the backyard.
If you get any problem while setting up your Netgear AC1200 extender, don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-866-504-8616 and fetch instant solutions.